Thursday, July 28, 2011

Organic Chocolate Truffles

My daughter asked me to make chocolate truffles for her birthday last week. Actually she asked for "those chocolate ball things you make". Since I am moving to more and more organic foods I decided to get organic chocolate for this dessert. You can find organic chocolate at Safeway, Raley's or your local health food store. You can also find the organic heavy whipping cream, and organic butter to go all organic; although I just used what I already had.

These pair well with fresh organic strawberries and whipped cream. Another request from my youngest daughter.

Organic Chocolate Truffles


8 oz. organic semi-sweet chocolate chips or baking chocolate broken into smaller pieces.
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
2 tablespoons Brandy (or other alcohol if)
2 tablespoons unsalted butter (cut into pieces)
Cocoa powder

I melt and mix the chocolate and buter, pour in the cream, let boil. Let it sit for about 2 minutes and pour in brandy and mix well. Place in covered bowl and let set in the fridge unitl firm enough to form into balls. Using my hands (this does get messy so I normally powder my hands with the cocoa powder first) I form small balls and roll them in cocoa powder. Place them on a tray or plate and chill in fridge before serving.

No comments: