Thursday, August 11, 2011

Using the iphone for business

I love my iphone! I am not saying it is for everyone, but I personally think it makes my life much easier! I am trying to find new technologically advanced ways to jump start my jewelry business and I have found some very cool things out there to add to my business wishlist (yeah I actually have a wishlist for that too).

Taking Photos of Jewelry with an iphone 4 and Modahaus Desktop Studio

As I was browsing the web in search of tips for taking pictures of jewelry I found this site. They use this very cool desktop photostudio. I really like this idea because it can fold up and it doesn't take up space. I could take it with me when I travel and still be able to have room in my little studio room here at home. The price is not bad considering that if I use the app they suggest for my iphone ($1.99). The app is call "Camera +" and I found it quickly on itunes.  I would spend well over $300 for a new camera and a pop up tent on ebay, which is what I was considering before seeing this. Check out it out:  http://www.modahaus.com/

how to shoot jewellery with iphone 4 and modahaus table top studio

http://blog.modahaus.com/2011/06/20/how-to-shoot-jewellery-using-iphone-4-and-modahaus/


Credit Card Swipers

Currently researching this option to have a card reader for my iphone. This is also available for the ipad (maybe my husband will give me his ipad 2 and upgrade to another one). I plan on doing some craft fairs and possibly farmers market in future so this may come in handy. I would love to take this to the next level and I like the technological advance aspect of the card reader on the phone. I have never had a merchant use this so it would innovative and easy to use. I also like the simplicty of design. I do not want to have to purchase a cash register or use paper receipts (now I am going all green SOL). I do not have a brick and mortar store so I think that for ease of possible phone orders or internet orders this will work wonders.

ProPay

ProPay is a company I found through http://www.artfire.com/.  They have a ProPay Jak which is a small card reader that works with smart phones. They do not have a monthly subscription fee but you pay $49.95 for the card reader and you pay annual fee for the ProPay account which varies depending on which one you choose. I am looking at the pros and cons of utilizing this company because I could use it with my Artfire studio shop, but I also have an Etsy shop now.
ProPay JAK
http://www.propay.com/


Square

Square is another company who does card readers, you download the app on ipad or iphone and they send you a card reader for free. There are no hidden costs or monthly subscriptions. Even the app is free. You pay 2.75% for each card transaction. It has a very streamlined look and I like that I can get additional card readers free of charge. I found out about this one through a friend and think I may go this route since the reviews look good, but I  like to research so the hunt will go on till I am happy.

https://squareup.com/

No comments: